Translate

Friday, June 10, 2011

Comparison ANDROID V/s SYMBIAN by AKMAL


ANDROID Vs SYMBIAN
the mobile phone market is going hot with this discussion
but u don't have to be
stay smart and choose the best one after reading the review

now about me :-
am a Guy who wants more out of any bloody thing
if I have a phone then I will download tons of applications but newer use them because I just want to explore the possibilities of my phone
I started wid a basic phone and then to JAVA then SYMBIAN then Windows and then an ANDROID

so u can count on my reviews as i have used every kinda phone out there and had explored all possibilities of them

a few days back I was a Guy who was running here and there to some how arrange myself a SYMBIAN phone as I was now bored wid my JAVA phone and fortunately I got one soon

it was a S60v2 series which I got in 7000rs and I thought it was the best thing ever

later on i wanted more from my handheld and so I upgraded to s60v5 hoping that this will give me some new experience and more usage out of it
for that I spent another 7000rs

now here's what happen after tht

my new s60v5 gave the same menu interface like my s60v2

it had almost same applications and there was nothing new in them

a year later my uncle gifted me a HTC HERO which runs ANDROID 1.6

now like every symbian user out there I also thought symbian was the best but my point view changed when I started using an ANDROID phone

so here is quick look on what ANDROID offers u

1) OPERATING SOFTWARE or FIRMWARE
so if you got an symbian phone suppose an. s60v3 and now you want an s60v5 then all you can do is trash your old phone and buy a new s60v5 by spending cash (like I did)

but if you have an android phone with suppose an 1.6 android version running and you want to upgrade to 2.1 android version then all you have to do is do a software upgrade through your phone or by using a computer and as soon as the upgrade is finished you have your 1.6 replaced by 2.1 giving you new added features and some new user interface
no need of wasting your money on buying new cell phones

2). FLASHING Your phone with new FIRMWARE

If you are a SYMBIAN user and hate the looks of your phones menu style then you have 2 options to change those looks
a - install a new theam for your phone or
b - flash your. phone with new firmware or rom by using a computer
now everybody knows this is a risky procedure and if anything goes wrong your phone will be dead

but if you r an ANDROID user and want to do the same then you have 3 options
a) - either install new theme
b) - either install new menu launcher
c) - flash your phone with new custom firmware

you will need to download a new firmware or rom from internet. and flash it using your phone only by just using the RECOVERY MENU of your phone and if anything goes wrong and your phone is dead then you can actually get back your phone in working condition from the recovery menu itself
it's as simple as clicking the button. and everything in your phone will be like. before
like nothing ever happened
and all this can be done from your phone itself no need of looking at the computer

C) - CHANGING PHONE FEATURES
if u use a. SYMBIAN phone and want to change the way how your menu looks. the way how your gallery looks and how your videos. and music liabrary looks and how your notes and documents and messages, mms, and phone book looks the way your browser and file manager looks.
then you can download and install new applications available out there and use them for the purpose but that will take all your precious phone memory and also will not act. as your. default. application. if you don't want this to happen then you. can find a custom firmware for your phone that satisfy all your needs and flash it but that's risky as we saw before

but in an android. you can acctually do little tweaks and treaks. by removing your default file browser and downloading. and installing new file browser. that's it no risky stuff no memorry eaten by an extra useless application tht you don't need. and the new downloaded application act as your default. application

d) PROCESSOR and its SPEED
now processor is very important to run high end applications

in a symbian phone you cannot see what speed your processor runs on

in an android there are some applications. that not only gives you look of your processor speed. but also can help you controll it and help you save your battery by going to minimum speed or help you run high end applications on your. phone smoothly by going to maximum speed

not only that you can overcloack. yor processor
like my phone processor is 512mhz. and its his max speed
but i overclocked it to 712mhz. now I have smoother phone

d)- money spent on phone
take a NOKIA 5800xm phone and now take a. NOKIA N8
check out the difference
u got bigger screen, bigger processor, good camera that's it rest is same like same menu view, same file browser and messaging and call log browser
same application can be downloaded and just higher graphics in THE N8 and same. wifi and 3g and gps
but i think i can acctually do with NOKIA 5800 rather then buying expensive n8

but in an ANDROID you get much more like I can install a 3g network in a non 3g phone install new better signal reciever
INSTALL Radio reciver change its look to an N8 or iPHONE

YOUR SYMBIAN WAS A SYMBIAN WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT AND WILL BE A SYMBIAN WHEN YOU SELL IT

AN ANDROID PHONE WAS AN ANDROID WHEN I BOUGHT IT BUT CAN BE ANYTHING WHEN I WANT IT

symbian phones does not allow users to do modifications with their phones
but why if you bought the phone its yours
its not nokias phone anymore

android people say its your phone now so go ahed and do anything you want

No comments:

Post a Comment